1.1 - What to Expect in this Mastering Feedback SkillsCamp
Welcome to our virtual SkillsCamp on giving and receiving feedback.
Feedback is a natural and necessary part of moving projects forward, improving on the self, and keeping organizations innovative. If we wanna be better than we were yesterday, we must learn to effectively seek out, receive, and give feedback without causing defensiveness or fear. And when whole teams do this right, we get cultures of feedback that adapt and improve quickly. That being said, feedback is often a very difficult thing for people to give and even more difficult to receive.
So by the end of this virtual SkillsCamp, you will be able to
- Identify different kinds of feedback, as well as how to identify your own blind spots.
- You'll be able to explain how the brain can sometimes prevent us from hearing feedback that could actually help us.
- You'll be able to reframe feedback and look at things optimistically.
- You'll be able to implement strategies to more effectively give and receive feedback yourself, including a simple model I'll give you to make it easier, and
- You'll be able to understand how to make feedback a more normal part of your team's culture.
Now, we know that being talked at forever is boring, so we've made this course interactive and engaging. We've been doing this a long time, and we're gonna give you a ton of real stories from real companies. We're also going to give you downloadable activities and assessments that you can either print out or fill out online to really become masterful. Finally, we know that online learning can also be a little bit lonely sometimes. So we offer online office hours, so no matter when you purchase this course, you can speak with a real, live SkillsCamp instructor. You'll also see comments from other fellow learners, and you'll be added to our closed alumni network.
So if you're someone that's trying to up their game in the most important skills, this SkillsCamp is for you. If you're looking to be a more dynamic employee, perhaps primed for leadership, this SkillsCamp for you. Maybe you're just looking to be a better parent. Well, this SkillsCamp is probably for you too because feedback is unavoidable. There's a lot of value here. The real question is are you ready to take this SkillsCamp?
Good. Let's go.