We all know someone that runs away from conflict. In fact, in our years of experience teaching this in corporate and higher education settings, if there’s one thing we know, it’s that most people hate conflict. Because of that, most people don’t train for how to expertly handle something they don’t like. But the thing is, conflict is inevitable when people come together to achieve a goal, whether that’s your team at work or maybe even your relationships at home. So we need to be able to handle conflicts effectively and resolve differences in positive ways.
By the end of this course, you will be able to…
Explain just how much conflict actually costs businesses.
Categorize different types of conflicts and conflict styles.
Identify your own conflict style and how to communicate it.
Understand exactly how brain psychology is connected to conflict.
Use real, practical strategies for preventing and resolving conflict.
Apply a tried model for how to communicate effectively during conflicts.
“Had the opportunity to experience a presentation from SkillsCamp. Though done remotely and online, their energy came through and distance didn't detract from the validity of her points. Lots of good takeaways and insights to help myself and my company improve. Specifically, the instructor had very relatable examples and a humorous and playful delivery. This could be a dry topic, but they brought it to life in an exceptional way. They recognized the challenge of keeping everyone engaged and had interactive elements to do so. Looking forward to future sessions with SkillsCamp.”
- SkillsCamp Google Review from a Student of Our Online Learning
BENEFITS OF TAKING THIS COURSE
Reduced tension and stronger relationships with others and among teams
Increased productivity from less stressed employees
Less turnover and absenteeism due to interpersonal relationship issues
Higher employee engagement
INSIDE THIS COURSE
- 2.0 - You Did It! Welcome! (0:49)
- 2.1 - Introduction & Our Definition (2:13)
- 2.1.1 - OPENING POLL: Conflict Resolution Questions
- 2.1.2 - DISCUSSION OF OPENING POLL: Conflict Resolution Questions (0:28)
- 2.2 - Benefits of Conflict Resolution (2:23)
- 2.3 - 5 Types of Common Workplace Conflicts (2:26)
- 2.3.1 - QUIZ: What kind of conflict is this?
- 2.3.2. - DISCUSSION: Quiz Results (2:12)
- 5.1 - P = Be Proactive (1:38)
- 5.2 - R = Build Relationships & Trust (1:48)
- 5.3 - I = Identify the Right Issues (3:10)
- 5.4 - S = Reframe & Solve Issues (2:45)
- 5.5 - S = Remember the Soft Skills (2:54)
- 5.6 - SECTION QUIZ: P.R.I.S.S. Method for Preventing Conflict
- 5.7 - SECTION ACTIVITY: P.R.I.S.S. in Your Life